Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Naughty Spot

First off let me start by saying that I'm not a big "Supernanny" viewer. Not for any particular reason, I've just never watched the show very much. However, this morning in the midst of my morning sickness I found myself watching Supernanny for one of the first times.

Oh. My. God.

These kids (more like...spawn of..yeah...) were 3 & 5.
They were hitting their parents, screaming, chasing cars (I wish I was kidding), talking back, the list really goes on.
What do the parents do?

"Now little Jimmy, that's not nice."

::insert my blank stare here::

Not nice? Your kid is a little devil, we are way past "not nice" at this point.
Supernanny introduces "The Naughty Spot" (please forgive me for giggling at this)

These kids + Naughty Spot = Ginormous FAIL

They hopped right up, scooted around on there butt, rolled on their stomachs & used many other methods for showing dad what they thought about the Naughty Spot.
All while screaming like a Banshee.

It was more like a workout for dad, he would go pick them up, carry them kicking and screaming & place them back on the naughty spot.

Right. That's effective.

All in all, at the end, several methods later, the kids were a little better. The parents were trying a little harder & maybe they made some progress.

I hope so.
I'll be having nightmares for a week.

1 comment:

Michele said...

LMAO! First let me just say that when I saw the title of your post I thought maybe I shouldn't read this at work. Then I spotted the word SuperNanny. I've seen this show and like you I'm left with my mouth hanging open thinking, if those were my kids, I'd send them back. lol Believe it or not, I think this method works. I've seen the show more than a handful of time (although I'm not a regular viewer) but it seems to work!