Tuesday, November 24, 2009

13 weeks!!!


One more week & I am out of the First Trimester!!!
It seems pretty hard to believe that we have made it this far already.
Maybe because the past 9 weeks have been the same day after day. Pippy trying to eat & ending up leaning over the trash can.
Seriously, that stuff gets old....

However, now the nausea seems to be subsiding. (knock on wood) It really is getting better, I just hope I don't jinx myself by saying that.
Unfortunately, I think it told some of it's friends what a fantastic party we were having, & they are just now showing up.
::enter heartburn stage left::
Nausea needs to get some new friends.

In more exciting news, I think I might be feeling the baby sometimes, but especially one time in particular. It seems like it might be too early, but I had rolled over fairly quickly & felt a definite "thump".
All the books say it's just gas bubbles, but Gas has been at the party for awhile now, & while he is definitely getting louder & more unruly the longer he's here, I still recognize him. This was something entirely different.
I have also felt a "rubbing" sensation at times. I don't know if that makes any sense or not.
Oh well.

In honor of thanksgiving & week 13, I have 13 things I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful for my husband. I have no idea how some people go through pregnancy without a supportive rock to lean on. He has been amazing.

2. I am thankful for my family. I know without a doubt if there is anything I need, they will do everything they can do to help.

3. I am thankful for my friends. They are so awesome & bring so much laughter & support into our lives.

4. I am thankful for this baby. Words cannot even describe how I feel about this.

5. I am thankful for my dog. He has been my constant companion through morning sickness, always knowing when mom doesn't feel quite right. Right there beside me with his head on my lap letting me know that he wants me to feel better.

6. I am thankful for my Dr. He is such a sweet, soft spoken, compassionate person. No question is ever silly, or takes too long. He's always available for the latest irrational fear.

7. I am thankful that he found the heartbeat last week. That was a truly amazing experience.

8. I am thankful for my past & for our future.

9. I am thankful for our country & the thousands of men and women that have sacrificed so much for us to be & continue to live free.

10. I am thankful for my Christianity, & the sacrifice that Jesus made for us to be free in the one way that truly matters.

11. I am thankful for my church. They are a great body of believers that truly demonstrate God's love in everything they do. From the way everyone is friendly on Sunday morning, to delivering Turkey's to needy families.

12. I am thankful for my 5 senses. Sometimes we overlook how awesome it is to be able to see, touch, taste, hear & smell.

13. I am thankful. For everything, & everyone in my life. Including you.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Congrats on your little peach!!! Peach was my favorite week

Kristin said...

heartburn : check
rubbing: check check!

my mom has been telling me, if you know thats not a normal gas feeling it's the baby! and i'm pretty sure she's right because I NEVER just have a gentle gas movement anymore! lol

hope 2nd tri is better to you!!