Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pippy's take on pregnancy dreams!

I made it!
It really wasn't too bad, there were a few moments that I wondered if this car trip was a good idea but for the most part it was okay.
Thanks to my new best friends, The Sour Patch Kids.

Honestly, I have no idea what it is about this candy that works, but it does! This skeptic is now a believer.
I also went to sleep about half way on Thursday night, I'm sure that helped too.

I woke up once & there was a sad song playing on the radio. *cue irrational crying*
LOL now that will get your hubby's attention. One minute I'm sleeping, the next I'm sobbing & he has nooo idea why. Unfortunately I didn't either. Gotta love those hormones. They will make you feel like a crazy person.

Anyways, we got to where we would be staying for the night & drove around trying to find a hotel. We finally found one that looked pretty good. Looked good, but the outside smelled like rotten eggs. I guess there was a paper factory around there or something but o.m.g. it was awful. I made James promise that the room didn't smell like that before I got out of the truck.
We were actually feeling pretty proud of ourselves. The room was pretty inexpensive, it looked like a pretty nice hotel & we got 2 free breakfasts! Score right?

Wrong.
We soon found out why the room was so suprisingly affordable. You see, carefully hidden under the cloak of night, a small forest of trees, & down a hill is a train intersection. At train intersections, they are required to start blowing their horn when they are getting close. I swear there were at least 12 trains that went by.

Now I don't know if you know this but pregnant chicks already don't sleep very good anyways. We don't get into that deep sleep anymore, just that light "you can vividly remember all your insane dreams" sleep. It makes for interesting conversation but not for getting effective rest.
Needless to say, I was dreaming of trains. The conductor looked alot like Beavis & Butthead and they kept driving back & forth by the hotel blowing their horn as much as possible. Making their own soundtrack with the train horns.


I woke up so mad at Beavis the train conductor. I was like "WHY DOES HE KEEP COMING BACK????"
My husband gently & laughingly reminded me that trains do not go back & forth, they lack the ability to make u-turns, so it was not just 1 bored train conductor that thought it was funny to blow his horn repeatedly behind our hotel.
Yeah, I knew that.

No comments: