Thursday, November 19, 2009

I lied to my Doctor...

Don't judge.
You don't even know what I said yet.

We went for our 12 week appointment on Tuesday.
I've only gained 2lbs so far, so that's pretty good for 12 weeks.

We talked for a while & then it seemed like the appointment was over.
Then I thought, "Wait just a minute, I was thinking I would get to hear the heartbeat today. "
So I asked, & He said " You're almost a little too early to hear it, but if you promise not to worry if we can't find it, I'll look. Do you promise?"

"Yep"

That was a lie.
I knew as soon as it came out of my mouth.
Me? Not worry if you cant find my child's heartbeat? Right, I can go a whole month without worrying that there is something wrong.

Luckily...
It doesn't matter that I told a little white lie, cause he found it & it is the sweetest sound in the whole world.

4 comments:

CTB said...

That's so sweet! I'm glad your "lie" worked out for the best. That month would have felt like forever!

I'm your ornament exchange partner. I emailed you earlier in the week, but I haven't heard back. More than likely I emailed the wrong address! You can email me at blessyourheartctb@gmail.com

Candace said...

Yay! I never get tired of hearing that sound! I *think* I can feel his heartbeat now. Think being key word. I should probably research this before I go around telling people that! haha!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! How special!!

AJ said...

That is great! And a little white lie like that one never hurt anyone, right? Ha! So happy for you!