Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Meatloaf....for real??

So I step away from our regularly scheduled programming to complain for just a minute.
Dh informed me a few moments ago that we would be dining at his parents house this evening...yes you read your clock right it's already 6pm. He's not big on plans. He's a fly by the seat of his pants kind of guy. Drives me insane, but dinner on a tusday night is not such a big deal right? Nah. However, I had this great meal planned. Grilled Lime & Cilantro Shrimp with Baked Potato cubes, Spinach salad & croutons. Freshly baked mini peach cobblers with vanilla ice cream.
MMmmm I could almost taste it, but oh well, another night maybe.
After a moment of silent mild frustration over my plans being changed at the last minute, I ask him what she has cooked for dinner....
Bad idea.
Meatloaf
Are you serious?


2 comments:

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

haha, poor thing!! the in-laws are always an adventure...mine always end up visiting when i'm NOT home! makes me paranoid...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE meatloaf!! And I hate cilantro. So I'm on your MIL's side on this one!