Thursday, February 25, 2010

Born in the '80's: Gloworms

It's Thursday & while I should be writing about what I read in my Beth Moore book over the last week, I'm not.
I can't, because I'm a slacker & didn't read.
I usually read at night but heartburn has hit with a vengeance this past week. Every night at about 6:30, it feels like this invades my esophagus.


(Name that Disney Movie!)

So instead of reading, I sit up at the computer, spending all kinds of time looking at baby stuff. The other night I came across a "Soothe & Glow Seahorse".



It's the Playskool's new version of the gloworm!
Do you remember those?
I was born in the 80's and I'm figuring that a bunch of you were too, so it's a safe bet that some of us had one. It would have looked something like this:



and would light up when you squeezed it. Remember?
Yeah, I thought you might.

I had totally forgotten about my old gloworm!
I personally think that I like the seahorse a little better though.
One of the things that I am really enjoying about shopping for the baby is that I see all of this stuff that reminds me of things that I had when I was little. Things that I had completely forgotten about.
And shopping for baby stuff online?
It's awesome! Especially the reviews. Other moms have tried this stuff out, and want you to know if it's going to be a lifesaver or be a huge headache.

And every once in a while, you will come across a review that will change the way you look at a particular item forever.
Like this one that I found while looking at the "Soothe & Glow Seahorse"....

It simply said:
"I wish I was a gloworm, because a gloworm's never glum. How can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?"

::dies::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

MrsBro... said...

someone bought my Handsome a glow worm as a gift and I totally freaked out. I was so excited! :)

Although the thing that stinks is the music turns off after like 2mins and the seahorse turns off after like 5.

Miss Maggie said...

I am a nanny for triplets and they each have a sea horse and they are life savers. I don't think I could make it some days without them.

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i totally had a gloworm!!! and i think for my 3rd birthday, i had a glowworm CAKE, with small rubbery figurines that glowed in the dark.

they might actually still be at my parents' house.

Michelle said...

I do remember GloWorms! Though, I am sad to admit...in the 80s I was already rocking spandex and big hair! LOL

Stacey said...

My daughter had a GloWorm and I was thinking about it just the other day! How awesome.
Looking forward to following you!

The Pink Blogger said...

oooh I must have missed this post the first time around, I use to LOVE the gloworms! even though I never had one of my own.

personally, I think the seahorse is much cuter though!