Friday, March 12, 2010

7 Quick Takes - Guest Bathroom Sneak Peak!

I am so glad it's Friday!
I feel like I haven't seen the hubby all week & I'm definitely ready for some rest & relaxation! We are going to see my family this weekend for my little sister's spring ballet. I'm excited.

Who's ready for some quick takes?
If your joining us for the first time, the idea is simple, you jot down 7 things during the week & compile into one post on Friday. They can be about anything & everything! If you want to participate, just click the "7 Quick Takes" image below...after you read mine of course! : )



1. You know how I said I was ready for some rest & relaxation? I'm happy to announce that I am D-O-N-E at the old place. Everything is moved into the new garage and the old house is clean. I am so so so so excited about that. Now I just have to sort through everything in the garage, but oh well, at least it's all here!

2. I failed my 1-hour glucose test...boo. So now I have to go on Monday for the 3 hour test, let me just tell you how excited I am about the thought of spending 3 hours in a waiting room & getting pricked by a needle every hour. I can hardly contain my excitement. ::dripping with sarcasm::
You want to know what is worse than failing? Having my Dr say "Don't be surprised if you fail, I set my pass threshold really low so that I can be sure and catch all of the borderline cases. I really doubt that you have anything to worry about, your body is handling this pregnancy wonderfully & your weight gain is perfect. You are extremely low risk for gestational diabetes."
Why thank you, I'm rewarded by you wasting 3 hours of a perfectly good day & being stuck by a needle 4 times. Lovely.

3. Moving into a new house is a learning process, you have to retrain yourself, learn where things are, etc. The funniest thing so far has been my husband answering his phone. We own our own business and every morning around 7 his phone will start ringing for the day. People needing his help with whatever. In our old house, we had a metal roof & absolutely no cell reception. So he would lay his phone by the bed, & when it would ring, he would literally "leap" out of bed, & run to the front door so he wouldn't lose the call. So funny.
The new house? Perfect reception. He can talk on his phone anywhere, but old habits are hard to break. Every once and a while, when he's still laying there dozing off, his phone will ring & he leaps into the air. I love it.

4. I have a love/hate relationship with fitted sheets. I love that they stay in place. I hate that every.single.time I put one on a bed, I start when the wrong corner.

5. So far, I have great neighbors! One house down is a couple is in our sunday school class & she happens to be like a couponing guru. She's teaching me how it works, & my first trip went great. My "stuff I got for free" pile was bigger than the "stuff I actually paid for" pile. Awesome!
Our neighbors right next door are Georgia fans!!! So obviously, I know that I like them already. They are from Ga, like me & she is having a baby girl in July.

6. If you have been around my blog for awhile, you know this guy.

This is Hurley. My 4 legged baby.
And by baby, I usually mean it in the "oh I love him so much, I don't know what I would do without him, he's the best dog in the world" kind of way.
But this week I mean it in the "I'm afraid of the new house, I hate the electric garage door, going through the car wash means you should hide in the floorboard" kind of way.
Poor thing. Our old house didn't have alot of windows & this one does, so the thunder & lighting storm we had 2 nights ago, ended up with him all the way under our bed.
In the above picture, he surveying my work in the guest bathroom, giving me a look that says, "Um mom, this is not our house. The people that own it are going to come home eventually and boy, are they going to be mad at you..."

7. I have gotten all kinds of comment & e-mails from you guys this week, wanting to see pictures of our new abode. So even though I wanted to wait until a room was completely finished to post pictures, I thought that I would give you a little sneak peak of what I've done in the guest bathroom so far!






We haven't hung the mirror yet...the hubs has been busy & it's too heavy for me.



And this is how I rewarded myself for getting all the moving done yesterday...



Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Ps. Don't forget, Monday is the last day to sign up for the "Bunny Hop Swap", so tell all your friends and sign up here!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Kelsey712 said...

looks like you guys are kicking butt on the new house! Can't wait to see all of it!

The Pink Blogger said...

wow! love the sneak peak :) your new place looks amazing!

thanks for stopping by my blog this morning, and thanks for the awesome hpt accuracy chart! so helpful! I've been curious about that

have a great weekend!

Kristin said...

I love the sneak peak! the shower curtain is awesome!!

That is SO sO funny about your husband! I would laugh so hard!

I had NO Idea there was a wrong corner to start with on fitted sheets. Do fill me in please!!

So fun your neighbor is having a girl too!!

Can't wait to see more pictures!!!!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Love the bathroom, too classy! And I'm taking a bath tonight! Thanks for the idea! :)