Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm a Georgia girl in a Kentucky world.

I want to preface this post by saying that I am & always will be a Georgia football fan 100%.
Very few things excite me like watching our boys in Red & Black take the field.

However, I find myself here, living in Kentucky, in the middle of March Madness being pretty darn excited when images like this one come on our big screen tv.



(6'11" freshman DeMarcus Cousins)

Have you seen these guys play?
We're talking about freshman & sophomores here people.


(6'4" freshman John Wall)

They're not just winning. They have been DOMINATING.
For example, in the SEC Tournament they beat No. 15 Tennessee, 74-45


(DeMarcus Cousins)

In the first round of the NCAA Tournament, they beat East Tennessee State, 100-71


(6'9" Patrick Patterson)

Round 2? They beat No 9. Wake Forest, 90-60.

The best part?


(John Wall)

They are having FUN.

So while I will always bleed Red & Black, there's nothing wrong with rocking a little blue during basketball season, right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i totally think you're allowed to join the blue team for basketball...it's not like you'd cheer for them in the fall =)

Kelsey712 said...

My hubby is a giant UofL fan so he would rather die than bleed blue, but I'm definitely having a hard time not cheering them on... I just have to do it from the other end of the house :)

They do look like they're having a huge time, plus when they get up by like 30 they bring in Jon Hood who went to my high school! Its cool to cheer on a Mad-Ville kid!

The Pink Blogger said...

I chose Kentucky to win in my bracket at work ... so I'm a temporary Kentucky fan as well this month!