Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nursery Sneak Peak

I had this great post planned about this "Amish friendship bread" that I was going to be baking this morning, but when I started gathering my ingredients I realized I was missing something & am going to have to go to the store before I can start baking...
So that post will have to wait until tomorrow!

In the meantime, anybody want to see a little of Pipsqueak's nursery?

Here's the hubs inspecting all of the crib pieces!



He's a fast worker!



And then of course, I had to put all the bedding in there, even though I'll have to take it off to wash it before long.



Isn't it cute?



That's all for now.
I'm working on a few other little craft projects for her room, but you'll have to wait till I finish!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

LOVE the crib!! and the bedding is so sweet =)

Stephanie said...

Found you through Top Mommy Blogs and thought I would stop by and say Hello! Love your blog and am your newest follower. Gave you a vote too! Hope to see you soon:)

Unknown said...

Can I offer a piece of disappointing advice? (Current parents... even of a few weeks love to dish it out :)

Lose the bumpers in the crib. They are a risk for SIDS. It's very sad, because the crib doesn't look nearly as good without them... However, it's important not to have them on there.

First of all, the baby won't be able to turn over with enough power to actually hurt themselves. Second, they can block the airflow (you should have a circulation fan in the room) and airflow decreases SIDs risk. Third, if the baby does somehow end up on their side, they can end up against the bumper increasing the risk. Finally, you have to take them off anyway when the baby can start to pull themselves up. Baby can use them as a way to climb and then fall out of the crib.

Just wanted to put that out there for you.

Congrats!
John