Tuesday, April 6, 2010

32 Week Update & Prayer Request.

If you don't mind, pray for me and Pipsqueak tonight.

We went for our 32 week appointment today and the Dr was just a little concerned.
Nothing major, but I'm measuring a little on the small side, so he scheduled a growth scan ultrasound for tomorrow morning.

He said it could be a couple things, none of which were cause for alarm, but still.

1. She could just be a small baby. Which is totally possible because I was less than 5 & 1/2 lbs at birth and the hubby was not quite 6lbs. So genetically speaking, we may just make smaller babies.

2. I could be leaking some amniotic fluid. Which still isn't a huge deal, but a bigger deal than just her being small.
They will measure the fluid level at the growth scan tomorrow and assess whether or not that is the issue.
If it is, then depending on how much fluid is there, I'll be put on modified bed rest, they will check the level frequently and Pipsqueak may need to be delivered a few weeks early.

He said more than likely, she's just small, but by doing the growth scan he will have a basis to measure her growth by over the next few weeks. At 37 weeks, he will probably do another scan and assess whether she would thrive and grow better by staying inside, or if she would be better off outside.

Afterwards I called my mom to give her the update, and she gave me both good and bad news. The good news was they did & thought the exact same thing when she was pregnant with me. I was just small, but they did all the growth scans and debated whether or not I would thrive better as an outside baby.

The bad news was that she leaked fluid with my sister. So they put her on bed rest, monitored her fluid and eventually delivered her 6 weeks early.

LOL, she was a big help wasn't she?

Oh! & he put me on antibiotics because they found a small trace of bacteria and I got my first stretch mark.
I'm falling apart people!

But stretch marks aside. More than anything I'm just a little worried about my little girl today. I'm sure it's probably nothing to be concerned about yet, but anytime the Dr. is even the slightest bit concerned, it's hard not to worry.
It makes you feel like maybe you've done something wrong, or maybe there was something that you could have or should have done differently.
Maybe my body isn't giving her everything she needs and that makes you feel like you're failing somehow.
I don't know.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
So if you don't mind, just keep us in your thoughts and prayers tonight.
Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

Kelsey712 said...

oh goodness... surely she is just small... That's definitely what we will hope for :) Miss PipSqueak just wants to be a petite little thing!!

Anonymous said...

thinking good thoughts for you and your baby girl!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

maybe miss pipsqueak just wants to make sure she's got plenty of room to grow in all her adorable outfits!!

and trust me, my mom TO THIS DAY tells me about how much having a big baby is not fun...what with me being 9 lbs, 5 1/2 ounces and all =)

Ashley Bray said...

Sending you hugs and prayers and I know more than some God knows what He is doing and He has created a perfect little Pipsquek for you. Trust in Him!!
Sending you hugs and prayers.

Kristin said...

This seriously has me in tears!!! I just got put on mbr today too and we are having a growth and placenta check us on thursday after our horrible day yesterday! I wish I could give you a big hug right now!! I will be praying fo sure!! There is nothing more nervewracking than the what ifs with your baby!!!!

Shannon said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck tomorrow.

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Prayers, prayers, prayers your way! Everything will be just fine tomorrow. He's watching over You and your little Pipsqueak. :)

southerninspiration said...

Praying for you young mommies...

Isa 41:10.....
Suzanne

AJ said...

I'm almost in tears reading this, sweetie. I know how it feels to be worried and not know what is going on or if there is anything you can do. Big hugs for you and please know that I will be praying for you!