Monday, April 12, 2010

A little bit of everything.

If you remember, I was too absorbed with Banana Popsicles to think about my "7 quick takes" on Friday.
But the snowcone place is now OPEN, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Anyways, It's going to be "6 Totally Random Things Monday" instead.

1. It's my little sister's 18th Birthday today!!

She doesn't read my blog so I can tell you guys that I'm a rockin' older sister and got her a gift certificate to a spa.
I know, I'm a shoo-in for Sister-of-the-year.
I may or may not be hoping that she remembers this when it's my birthday in about 3 months.
Just kiddin'....kinda.

2. We had our Maternity Pictures taken on Saturday morning and I am so stinkin' excited to see them! He said he should have them ready by then end of the week! I can't wait.

3. I slept like crap last night. I was seriously happy to see the sun come up, because it meant that I was getting closer to tonight when I can try again. Pipsqueak kicked, and punched and rolled and basically pummeled all of my insides last night and left me feeling like somebody beat me with a baseball bat. I know she's just growing and trying to make herself some more room, but my goodness. It hurts.

4. If you have an Iphone, you need to download "Words with Friends". It's free, it's like Scrabble and you can play with me. I'm addicted to it. It's my new favorite game. So as soon as you get it, send me a game request! My username is Pippy08

5. I saw something totally bizarre the other day.
Meet Pepper the Pig.

Pepper is a "Pacimal".
Yep, that is a pacifier sewn to the top of Pepper's head.
So here's my question.
With all the "Orthodontist approved, good for baby's developing teeth, etc." stuff that is going on in the Pacifier industry. Who thought that putting weight on the end of a pacifier was a good idea?
Maybe I'm wrong, It just seems like a good way to end up with this.


Edited to add: This is one of the reasons I love blogging. Not long after I posted this, one of my regular readers posted a comment about the Pacimals. She said they were a lifesaver in the NICU. I never even thought of that. I can see where in certain circumstances, these little animals would come in handy. I was just thinking about older babies.
I learn something new everyday from you guys! Thanks Nursekj!


6. A lot of you may know that I'm a member of "Southern Mommas". It is a great group of women and you should totally check it out if you haven't already. They recently hosted a Storkie giveaway and I won!
If you have never been to the Storkie website, you really should! They do all kinds of wedding invitations, shower invitations and baby announcements! They have TONS of designs to choose from, I have no idea how I'm going to pick.
Also, Join Southern Mommas! You won't regret it!
*That's just the name of the group, being pregnant or having kids is not a requirement!*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Katie @ Chronicles of KT said...

Just a lil tidbit about the "pacimal"... I love this thing!!! We use them in the NICU for some of our kids who have been there a while and need their paci for comfort but dont have the ability to hold it in their mouths on their own. sure beats a 12 hour shift of a screaming baby and also prevents us nurses from being an over priced paci holder :) I do agree with you though about using it long term and tooth development...eventually babies will have a strong enough suck to hold the paci in on their own and wont need this to help them

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Wow! That Pacimal thing is so crazy! What a neat idea for NICU babies. So sweet. I'm definitely going to check out Southern Mamas. Thanks!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

P.S. I tagged you for an award!